There are many health conditions that you can avoid just by having and maintaining the right weight. A person with good weight is less likely to develop serious health problems like obesity, heart disease, blood pressure, diabetes (type 2), breathing problems, gallstones and certain cancers. Factors like the family history, environment and eating habits affect your health. If you boost your metabolism by taking the right natural foods will go a long way in checking your body weight.
Many people today like taking organic foods because it is so appealing and looks appetizing. We salivate over ice cream, pizza, cheese and many other fast foods and this ends up in adding their weight. But is it really healthier? The answer is No. Commitment to natural foods like fruits and vegetables is a great step to healthy living. Eating healthy foods increases the calories your body burns and the more your body burns calories, the faster you reduce your weight. It is important to add some healthier foods on your next meals to help in increasing your metabolic rate.
You can lose more weight with these 25 Foods Metabolism Boosters:
1. Oatmeal (Whole grain cereals)
High organic fibers in whole grain cereals will keep your insulin levels low and also ensure that your body burns calories and boost your metabolism naturally. Start your morning off with a bowl of oatmeal if you want to jump start your metabolism. It is rich in fat soluble organic fiber meaning that it requires a lot of calories to break down and this lowers your cholesterol levels thereby reducing the risk of heart complications.
2. Egg white – It is rich in proteins and can be a substitute for meat (taking four egg whites). Eggs are rich in bcaas, a component that aids in muscular development
3. Low-fat Yogurt
Full of protein and calcium, this dairy product works miracles in weight loss campaigns, especially if taken 3-4 times a day. Besides being a great source of calcium and protein, good for your digestive system, yogurt keeps your muscles lean, regular and the body healthy by providing the energy the body requires to keep it going all day. It may be thick and creamy. But low-fat yogurt helps the body system to process food more efficiently.
4. Hot Peppers – Taking chilli, Sriracha, Cayenne, Tabasco, habanero and jalapeno as spices makes better spices, speeds up the heartbeat and boost your metabolism up to 25% . They contain capsaicin, a heating chemical that spikes up body metabolism because it keeps the calories burning for hours after the meal. Even though bland and boring, adding a little Sriracha or Tabasco sauce to foods that need some spicing not only adds flavor but also help you will lose weight.
5. Salmon and Tuna
Foods that contain high levels of leptin, a hormone linked to slower metabolisms, have been known to add weight. Salmon oil cuts down the leptin levels and helps the body digest foods in a smoother way. However, you have to limit yourself to one Tuna a week due to the mercury content in it.
While they may be high in calories, they contain essential fatty acids that boost body metabolism.
7. Edamame – Taking half a cup of edamame as a snack is much healthier when compared to cheese curls or chips. These beans contain about 8.5 grams of protein, iron, zinc and magnesium, minerals that enhance metabolism levels.
8. Asparagus – Enjoy it grilled or steamed, or toss it chopped into salads and you have the tasty nutrients to boost your metabolism levels.
9. Green Tea or Coffee
Considered the latest addition to weight loss foods, green tea boasts Epigallo Catechin Gallate (EGCG), a compound that boosts your metabolism and aids in weight loss. Both tea and coffee have, which accelerates the heart rate consequently boosting your metabolism and increases mind concentration. Just like hot pepper, green tea frees the body of fatty acids as they get burned like fuel after taking it.
10. Broccoli – A food rich in vitamin C and calcium, vitamins that work together to burn body calories much faster and more effectively. And because broccoli contains more antioxidants and vitamin c percentages than fruits like oranges, taking them will help in repairing your muscles and the immune system. The phytochemicals in broccoli have anti-estrogen properties, helping in lowering estrogen levels thereby increasing body testosterone and fats.
You may find it delicious but not know what good this creamy green fruit does to your body. Avocado is packed with nutrients that contain essential amino acids and fatty acids that your heart requires to function properly.
12. Dairy products with low fat – Cheese and milk boast more protein levels than other fattier alternatives. Low fat cheese has 6-7 grams per ounce while skimmed milk has 9-10 per cup, the desired levels in boosting metabolism. If you want a low calorie, meat free meal, go for spicy low fat cheese, say pepper jack and pile it up with some lettuce, tomatoes and hot peppers, dressed with vinegar and low-fat olive oil.
13. Tree nuts – These are much healthier snacks when compared to chips or any other fatty foods. Keeping a few packs or a jar of tree nuts is good for your health and weight control.
14. Legumes – Many people love meat, but legumes will still leave you full and satisfied, if your combine black beans, lentils or chickpeas with some rice; and remember you still get the same protein levels like meat.
15. Vegetables – The greatest source of low calorie foods, you will get full and satisfied with a variety of vegetables, that is, health-wise. Vegetables like mushrooms, spinach and vinaigrette contain nutrients, vitamins and organic fiber that are essential in keeping the body healthier and are also a great metabolism booster. They contain magnesium and potassium which has been known to boost the body’s fat burning process and weight loss by keeping the body’s cells hydrated. Remember, if your cells are not sufficiently hydrated, your metabolism will slow down.
16. Fish – Shellfish has 28 grams of protein per 6 ounces, a great catch in protein indeed. Salmon, mackerel, tuna and trout cold water fish are very rich also in omega-3 fatty acids and have been shown to boost your metabolism by as much as 400 calories a day, if served 3-5 times a week. So broil or grill your fish and get a healthier low-fat serving that revs up your metabolism.
17. Cottage cheese – not only a low fat choice, cottage cheese, mixed fruit for a salad, with sliced fresh tomatoes, crispy lettuce, sweet hot pepper and chopped red onions after lunch will go a long way in reducing body weight. It is a power-packed snack, rich in casein and protein. Whey protein, contained in cottage cheese, is very good in burning body fat, while casein slows down protein digestion and this keeps the body in an anabolic stage overnight.
18. Peanut butter – Not only is it rich in protein, vitamins, minerals, dietary organic fiber and essential fatty acids, peanut butter helps in repairing body muscles after injury, a great addition to your post-workout shake.
19. Chicken – Considered the “bodybuilding bird”, chicken has a good protein-to-fat ratio—the typical 6 oz. Chicken breast is approximately 200 calories, 40 grams of protein and only two grams of fat. It’s one of the most versatile foods for salads, wraps, sandwiches or even on its own. whatever your fitness goal, this bird has got you covered
20. Fruits – Oranges, grapefruit, apples and pears (among others) are rich in vitamin C, the secret ingredient to these metabolism booster foods and are said to have some fat burning quality. Grapefruit has been known to be the most common vitamin c fruit and a weight loss food. s
21. Chocolate milk – After a gym workout session, you need to replenish lost glycogen stores, replace energy nutrients and preserve lean muscle tissue. Most brands of chocolate milk supply around 20 to 25 grams of carbohydrates and between 8 and 11 grams of protein (per 8 oz.), which makes for an optimal post-workout replenishment choice. another key selling point to chocolate milk is that it comes from cow’s milk, which contains about 80% casein protein and 20% whey protein. Whey protein amino acids are immediately shovelled right into the muscles and casein protein amino acids are digested slowly over time.
22. Beef – A tried and true go-to among those looking to add size to their frame, while simultaneously staying lean. approximately 100 grams of beef contains 30 grams of high quality protein and is a strong source of creatine and l-carnitine, which have both been shown to boost cardiovascular health and aid in muscle growth. you wonder why gym goers have been coined “meatheads.” but before you run to your local butcher, take these quick tips: always ask to have your meat wrapped in paper as opposed to plastic and opt for the leanest cuts such as top round and flank steak.
23. Cinnamon – Taking it will help your blood sugar spike up. It is still considered an alternative to type 2 diabetes; it is left to researchers to find out.
rich in fats and carbohydrates, garlic supports blood sugar metabolism.
25. Olive Oil – helps in calorie burning and thus boosting body metabolism.
By taking a good number of these metabolism boosting foods, your body will slow down on the production of insulin, thereby increasing your metabolism. Exercise and dieting are equally important and work hand in hand in checking body weight. They say that exercise is the vehicle and dieting is the fuel that the vehicle needs to be powered up to its destination. So if you believe that eating the right diet will help in checking your weight, then you need not worry so much about exercise and closely watch the foods you eat. Many people are not keen on the amount of calories they take on a daily basis. This means that if you are serious about losing weight, then it is time to check out your diet. By taking foods that boost your metabolism, you get a weight loss regime and the results are a leaner and healthier you.